LAST UPDATED: March 27, 2022
We may change this policy from time to time. If you continue to use the website after we make changes, you are consenting to the updated policy. If the changes are significant, we will provide you with notice and archive prior versions.
2. Data Collected
Types of data collected
- Personal information
While using the website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal details that can be used to contact or identify you. Examples of personal information we collect, use and disclose include your contact information (name and email) when using contact forms and complete billing information when subscribing or donating to the website.
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically while using the website. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Data Storage Location
We are a Canada based company and operate web servers hosted in United States. Our hosting provider is Amazon Web Services.
Cases for Using the Personal Information or Usage Data
We use your personal information data and usage data in the following cases:
- Verification/identification of the user during website usage;
- Provide Technical Assistance;
- Contact you directly only if you requested so;
- Ask you about participating in special promotions and raffles;
- Send updates to our users with important information to inform about news/changes;
- Check the accounts’ activity in order to prevent fraudulent transactions and ensure the security;
- Customize the website to make your experience more personal and engaging;
- Guarantee overall performance and administrative functions run smoothly.
- Analyze usage data to identify trends, effectiveness of promotional campaigns or content positioning, in order to improve overall experience of the website.
We may share your personal information data and usage data in the following cases
- With third-party service providers to monitor usage data, for payment processing or for donations processing;
- For business transfers if we merge with another company, change company name or sell the company to another;
3. Embedded Content
Pages on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, or Instagram feeds, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
5. Who Has Access To Your Personal Information Data
If you are not a registered user of the website, you do not donate or subscribe, or you do not contact us directly, there is no personal information data we can retain or view regarding yourself.
If you are a user with a registered account, you have subscribed or donated, or you have contacted us directly, your personal information data can be accessed only by our system administrators and managers, never by editor or collaborator staff.
6. How Long We Retain Your Data For
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
7. Security Measures
We use the SSL/HTTPS protocol throughout our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so that personally identifiable information is not captured/hijacked by third parties without authorization.
In case of a data breach, system administrators will immediately take all needed steps to ensure system integrity, will contact affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed.
8. Your Data Rights
If you have a registered account on this website or have subscribed, donated or contacted us, you can request an exported file of the personal data we retain, including any additional data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any of the personal data we have stored. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you wish that all of your data is erased, we will no longer be able to offer any support or other subscription-related services to you.
Specific GDPR Rights
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. You have the right to to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your personal data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your Personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the website.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
- You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
9. Release of Your Data for Legal Purposes
At times it may become necessary or desirable to SciGlam, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
Any passing on of personal data for legal purposes will only be done in compliance with laws of the country you reside in.
10. Contact Us
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing:
SciGlam Magazine Inc.
188 Rue Lionais
Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1C3.